Subject:duplicate waypoints 

jose1711

20:37
Wednesday
27-Jun-2012

Phone Model:
bb, e51

hello stephen,

could you please tell under what conditions the waypoints (sync enabled) can duplicate in cellphone? in some groups i now have ~ 60 wpts, instead of 6..

thank you, jose

Stephen

10:46
Sunday
1-Jul-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Jose,

I'm not quite sure why its doing this, I guess it might be a connection-related issue where the syncing is becoming interrupted halfway through and is somehow redownloading the waypoints list, but I'm a bit stumped. Does the website still contain the correct full list of waypoints, without duplicates?

To resolve it firstly ensure that the website does have all your waypoints stored correctly. There is a function on the Waypoints page that will search for and delete any duplicate waypoints, which might come in useful. Then clear ALL the waypoints on the phone (Menu/Clear/Clear All Waypoints) - the website holds the master list, which wont be affected by this. Then do a normal Waypoint Sync and the fresh, unduplicated list should appear again on the phone...

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Stephen

jose1711

9:37
Monday
2-Jul-2012

Phone Model:
bb, e51

waypoints on the website are okay - no duplicates. suggested fix worked for me - thank you. jose

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)