Forums / General Topics / web connection error

Subject:web connection error 

fouad

3:46
Friday
18-May-2012

Phone Model:
Nokia 2710-c

I am facing "web connection error" on my Nokia 2710-c (navigation edition) from the last three days. Also, my tracks are not being uploaded and it does not download maps if I drive to new places where the maps are not in the cache.

At the same time, the EDGE connection is working perfectly on all the applications (probably including TMJ mobile).

What can be the possible cause and solution?

Regards

Fouad

Stephen

8:34
Friday
18-May-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Fouad,

Its difficult to say what is causing your connection issues - nothing has changed at this end in the last few days (the TMJ webserver has been running fine all this time) so its likely to be the phone or mobile network that are causing it. First thing is to try a full phone reboot (including removing the battery briefly). 95% of the time this will probably fix it.

If not, are you able to access the TMJ website via the phones browser? Also, do you get any errors listed in the event log (Menu/Settings/Debug/View Event Log) or the Text/GPS/Last Web Response field?

Regards,
Stephen

fouad

10:01
Saturday
19-May-2012

Phone Model:
Nokia 2710-c

Hello Stephen

Thanks so much for prompt response (as you always do :)). In fact, I did the complete phone reboot as you guided, but the problem was not resolved.

Later on, I re-installed the software of my nokia phone followed by deleting the EDGE configuration settings sent to me by my service provider. Then asked them to re-send and after the reboot, it started to work again, i.e., TMJ and all the other applications requiring edge connection.

Thanks Stephen for confirming that there is no issue at the TMJ webserver end and providing guidance to reboot my nokia phone.

My regards

Fouad

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)