Subject:OSM CycleMap: Change of Tileserver URL 

yano

9:58
Friday
27-Jan-2012

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Stephen,

the OSM CycleMap is no more displayed correctly (tiles are missing), apparently because of a change of the tileserver URL.

Here are more info about that:

http://www.gravitystorm.co.uk/shine/change-of-tileserver-url/

Could you please fix it on the TMJ web server ? Thanks in advance! ;)

Cheers,
yano

Stephen

20:22
Friday
27-Jan-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Yano,

Thanks for the link, I've now updated the CycleMap address via the server, and have also added the OSM Transport Map to the list. Use Raster Map Source/Online/Reload Current Tiles to refresh the list...

Cheers,
Stephen

yano

12:52
Sunday
29-Jan-2012

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Stephen,

thanks for your quick reaction but on the TMJ web site the URL is still wrong ... (e.g. try to display an OSM CycleMap on your waypoints page, routes one, tracks one, etc ...)

Cheers,
yano

PS: I can send you a screenshot if needed.

Stephen

16:36
Sunday
29-Jan-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Doh! I'd completely forgotten about the website maps - I had only fixed the URL for TMJ on the phone! Should be okay again now...

Cheers,
Stephen

yano

11:03
Monday
30-Jan-2012

Phone Model:
SE K610i

hum, I think we need to amend a third bit too... I was just busy now creating a new tmj map with the TMJ Map Organiser and guess what: same URL problem when I use the OSM CycleMap map source ...

Stephen

22:42
Wednesday
1-Feb-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Yano,

Aha, I wondered if you might mention the MapOrganiser - the tile URLs are unfortunately hard-coded within it so I'll need to release a new version to update the cycle maps. Also, the current OCM T&C are now more restrictive regarding bulk downloaders as they place more strain on their webservers, so it might be that I'll have to completely remove the OCM style from the MapOrganiser. I'll try and get an update ready in the next couple of weeks anyhow...

Cheers,
Stephen

yano

12:00
Friday
9-Mar-2012

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Stephen,

sorry for boring you: have you had any chance to change the URL in the MapOrganizer so far ... ?

Cheers,
yano

Stephen

12:39
Friday
9-Mar-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Yano,

Not yet, sorry - I'd been planning to talk to Andy (the creator of OpenCycleMap) about this at the London OSM pub meetups, but haven't been able to make the last couple. I haven't forgotten though...!

Cheers,
Stephen

yano

15:11
Wednesday
25-Apr-2012

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Hi Stephen!

sorry for boring you again but I'm planning some outdoors activities in June and I'm keen to prepare my TMJ offline maps in advance ... due to its altitude lines and paths the CycleMap is definitely the more appropriate for my scope ... Since you have already updated on the fly your hardcoded URL on the TMJ website, I'm not pretty sure to understand the problem with the TMJ Map Organizer: why can't you just edit that string too ? :)

Anyway, alternatively, what about to extend the TMJ Map Organizer with the OSM Hike&Bike ? Not so good as the CycleMap but -as far as outdoor activities are concerned- better than the Mapnik for sure ... :)

Cheers,
yano

Stephen

19:18
Wednesday
25-Apr-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Yano,

I've emailed you off-list about this...

Incidentally, although the Hike & Bike Map does look good, it is a composite map with 3 different layers (use the layer option in the top right corner to select the layers), so the MapOrganiser would need a fair bit of rewriting to get it to merge the layers together. (Though probably possible via an interim web service I guess...)

Cheers,
Stephen

wicher

18:49
Monday
4-Nov-2013

Hi Stephen,

it seems that you haven't released a new version of MapOrganiser ever since this conversation was ended. What is the status of Cycle Maps accessibility through MapOrganiser? Do you think you could fix it in near future? It's very handy for hiking due to level lines.

Cheers

Wicher

Stephen

20:40
Thursday
7-Nov-2013

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Wicher,

Yes, its been a while since I last updated the MapOrganiser... I've now fixed the OpenCycleMap URL issue and have uploaded v2.8, so you can now create the cycle maps again...

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)