Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / BlackBerry Curve 8900 - Web connection error.

Subject:BlackBerry Curve 8900 - Web connection error. 

Pivert

14:46
Friday
3-Jun-2011

Hi,

Everytime I try to test the web connection, I just get a Connection Error : java.io.IOExceptionl: Tunnel failed. Fyou may need to adjust the Menu/Web/BlackBerry Web Connection settings...

Of course, I tested all possible connection settings, I reviewed the permissions of the application and turned them to Allow instead of Prompt, ... but I still have the same problem.

What should I check ?

Application Version: v4.6.1.199
Platform Version: 4.2.0.102

Regards,

Stephen

20:48
Friday
3-Jun-2011

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Pivert,

Firstly check the notes on BlackBerry Web Connection Settings. There are so many combinations of providers/countries/handsets/firmware that its difficult to give a single method for connecting via a BlackBerry. If the first two options have no luck then you might need to experiment with the Manual Settings (6). If you have a WiFi connection available then also check option (5), though this obviously wont help when out and about.

One other thing, your phones firmware version looks pretty old (it looks like you're on OS4) - OS5 has been around for a couple of years now, which *may* help TMJ (though no guarantee). Check out this BlackBerry website to see if there is a firmware update for your BB8900, though this depends on each provider - unfortunately some dont seem to release firmware updates after their initial version, which is annoying!

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)