Subject:Calories burned 

yano

15:47
Tuesday
15-Mar-2011

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Hi Stephen!

if you are wondering what you could add in the next version of TMJ-mobile, well, here is a suggestion of mine ... :)

Currently three energy fields are simultaneously displayed in the Track(2) view: for walking, running and cycling, regardless to the current selected activity.

My proposal is to have only one field energy displayed, based on the current selected activity. That implies you should be able to enter your own MET value in each Activity Profile (particularly useful for Custom1 and Custom2 activities, e.g. hiking, kayaking, etc.).

Additionally, suggestion no.2, what about to have the labels "Custom1" and "Custom2" editable?

What do you think of that?

Cheers,
yano

Stephen

21:07
Tuesday
15-Mar-2011

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Yano,

I agree that the current display of all three values at once is not really necessary and should just be linked to the Activity profile.

However the trouble with entering specific MET values in each profile is that this isn't just one single figure, but rather a list of x,y points which define a MET vs Speed graph profile. I can't really see a way to make this customisable without some pretty major changes and additional complexity!!

I could possibly do something on the website for calculating customised energy profiles on uploaded tracks, but not sure how widely used this would be...?

Cheers,
Stephen

(I'll have a look at editing the Custom1/Custom2 activity labels...)

yano

9:36
Wednesday
16-Mar-2011

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Hi!

ok ... then ... just forget it ... it was just a thought :)

Reading the user manual I understood that you just use the plain formula kcal = activity_MET * weight * time

Cheers,
yano

Stephen

10:04
Friday
18-Mar-2011

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Yano,

Kind of! This is the basic formula for calculating the energy between each pair of trackpoints (with the results summed together to get a value for the whole track). However the activity_MET value for each pair firstly has be estimated based on the speed travelled between the points, otherwise cycling at 20mph would give the same energy result as cycling at 5mph!!

Cheers,
Stephen

yano

16:33
Saturday
19-Mar-2011

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Stephen,

" otherwise cycling at 20mph would give the same energy result as cycling at 5mph!! "

Indeed!! I realized it myself too but too late (after my previous post) ...

Cheers,
yano

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)