Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / New issue stopping sending track points until rese...

Subject:New issue stopping sending track points until reset se850 

LeCoux

12:48
Wednesday
2-Mar-2011

I noticed new issue after upgrade on web and on the phone (it happened in few days apart so I don't know which uptate is causing error).
When i leave my gps and phone unit in garage for few hours, phone stopped sending data. When I leave garage, last response screen is reporting error in internet connection. I have to reboot phone to restart normaly. Restarting app doesn't help (web error). Before I didn't have that issue. After leaving garage application contunued sending data fine. Any idea? Btw, GPS connection is ok all the time, and phone is receiving location correctly to TMJ app.

Stephen

18:30
Wednesday
2-Mar-2011

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi LeCoux,

When you say 'upgrade on phone' was this a firmware upgrade? If so then I'm tempted to blame this since the TMJ web connection code hasn't changed much in several releases.

I did (very) occasionally have a similar odd thing on my W910, though it was rare enough to not be a particular problem, and I put this down to the firmware too. (Essentially when you quit TMJ it is then down to the phone to clean up any hanging connections, so if it doesn't do this correctly then its more likely a firmware issue) :-(

Any way of restoring to the previous firmware?

Cheers,
Stephen

ps One further thought - is the 2G/3G setting the same as previously, it may be more reliable on 2G, if there is an option...

LeCoux

20:02
Wednesday
2-Mar-2011

It was not firmware update. TMJ updated version. I didn't change anything else. 2 days in a row i had situation with garage (no gps signal) and after that i had to reboot mobile to regain connectivity. There is one more thing about that hangup. I received sms on that phone. Maybe this caused the problem? I will try garage again soon to se if no gps signal absence is causing that issue. Thnx, cheers, Davor.

Stephen

12:28
Friday
4-Mar-2011

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Davor,
Sorry - I misread your previous message! I guess the SMS may have had an effect, although it *shouldn't* do (and theres not much that TMJ can do about this)! One other thing that I seem to remember happening when my W910 had a similar issue was that the phones browser was also then unable to access the web until a reboot. Doesn't help much, but did your suffer in the same way?
Cheers,
Stephen

LeCoux

16:12
Tuesday
15-Mar-2011

To answer last question. Yes, the browser was unable to connect until reboot.

Stephen

20:41
Tuesday
15-Mar-2011

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Mmm, does sound like the same issue, though not sure I can do much about this :-(

It sounds like something is triggering a lock-up in the phones internal web connection system. Even if TMJ is the trigger, it seems likely to be a firmware issue since J2ME apps *shouldnt* be able to have any long-lasting effect on the phone after they are exited. It does sound odd if its only recently started happening though - I'm rather stumped by this one...!

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)