Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Generic Versions of TMJ

Subject:Generic Versions of TMJ 

ChrisM

10:50
Wednesday
26-Jan-2011

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Hi Stephen,

Was just downloading the latest version (0.7.9) for my 'new' SE K770i
and I noticed at the bottom of the list a generic version 'without JSR-82'

I take it this is designed for a phone with internal GPS, and not one with a 'magic' alternate way of accessing an external one that would suit my dodgy Samsung touchphone(which as you may remember, doesn't support JSR-82).

Yours optimistically,

Chris.

PS - TMJ seems to run very nicely on the 770i. The screen is slightly larger than my old W610i which is nice. The battery life is not quite so good, but it still seemed to manage about 10 hours last weekend, which is probably long enough for most day trips.

Stephen

19:30
Wednesday
26-Jan-2011

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear you're back up and running on the K770 - 10 hours battery seems pretty reasonable under moderate load I'd say!

I'm afraid the 'without JSR82' version wouldn't be suitable for your Samsung - it doesn't actually contain the Location API/JSR179 either. Its designed really for Windows Mobile phones that have no support for these APIs, but instead use a 'COM' port connection to access the GPS (see the last section on this page for info). To be honest I could probably drop this build, since there are so many other issues with recent Windows Mobile phones that probably stop it working anyhow!

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)