Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Stopped working

Subject:Stopped working 

LeCoux

8:21
Friday
17-Dec-2010

2 days ago, my tmj just stopped reporting. Now I can not get him to start. Last web response says 504: Gateway Time-out. Also on web site I can not open devices/my mobile. I am suspecting that error is on web side of application. Any help Stephen?

LeCoux

8:24
Friday
17-Dec-2010

And after i finished typing after two days of efford to start using tmj again, it started reporting!!! That was quick solution. I didn't do anything it just started working all by itself!!! LOL

Stephen

10:30
Friday
17-Dec-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Davor,

The webserver backup runs every morning around 7-8am (GMT) which can result in bottlenecks that slow the server responses, and coupled with other demands on the ISPs servers can cause some requests to timeout, which I think is what you're seeing. However TMJ *should* then wait for a period before trying again, so it shouldn't cause a major problem overall, though if you're constantly getting the connection errors at all times of the day then maybe theres another issue (I guess different phones/providers might have different timeout thresholds which may make some more susceptible than others...)

Regards,
Stephen

(PS I'm considering moving the TMJ website to a virtual server to hopefully improve its speed, though haven't yet decided on a timeframe for this)

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)