Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Support for more phones from a single TMJ account ...

Subject:Support for more phones from a single TMJ account ? 

shchenka

10:46
Saturday
7-Aug-2010

Hi Stephen,
I think this was already asked but cannot find it easily in the forum. Do you have any plans to support more than a single phone (aka "device") for an account in the TMJ site ?

Also, if I want to install tmj on my other phone should I use the same device code and password, or register another one ?

Cheers,

--sh

Stephen

11:10
Saturday
7-Aug-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Shchenka,

Yes, TMJ does support multiple devices per account but I haven't yet created a device add/remove function on the website itself. However I've now manually added a second device to your account - check the Settings/Devices page for the new Device Code and to set the password...

Cheers,
Stephen

shchenka

12:40
Saturday
7-Aug-2010

Thanks!

BTW, the hint in the "Register/Activate Device" TMJ page should read:
"You can find the Registration Code for this device in the TMJ-Mobile Menu/Help/About... screen"
not
"You can find the Registration Code for this device in the TMJ-Mobile Menu/About... screen"

Anyway, the registration code generated by the TMJ site is not recognized by the mobile :(
(not a major issue for me, though, as I'm only playing with the other phone for now).

Stephen

13:18
Saturday
7-Aug-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Thanks, I've now fixed the text on that page...

Is your Username, Device code and Password definitely entered correctly on the Menu/Settings/Other Settings/Enter TMJ Device Code screen? (The password is case-sensitive, BTW)

Also, do you have internet access on the new device? If so could you try Enabling Web briefly - this should then attempt to unlock automatically...

shchenka

13:48
Saturday
7-Aug-2010

Indeed, enabling web helped, a "thank you for registering, please restart" message appeared, and the phone is now automatically registered without the need to manually enter the unlock code.

Cheers,

--sh

Stephen

14:22
Saturday
7-Aug-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Phew, thats a relief!

Cheers,
Stephen

mayerflash

13:32
Tuesday
14-Sep-2010

Hello,

I also want a second Device to be added to my account.

Could you please do this?

the "Add Device" button is still missing...

Thanks

Stephen

16:54
Tuesday
14-Sep-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

Ok, I've added your second device now - check the Settings/Devices page for details...

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)