Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / TMJ OSConverter - greyed out import image box (win...

Subject:TMJ OSConverter - greyed out import image box (windows 7 64-bit) 

brownoctober

16:31
Sunday
9-May-2010

Hi

First of all, I love the program, I have been searching for a java app for my w995 for ages which includes OS coords.

However, I can't get the TMJ-OSConverter to work.
-First I had a problem starting the batch files which I fixed by inserting the file location for java.exe (link for anyone else with the same problem: http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/tut-fixing-the-java-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command-problem-527269/)
-Now the program starts and I can enter the bounding coords of the image. However, the button for importing the image is greyed out so unusable.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks

Stephen

17:39
Sunday
9-May-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

I've just tried the OSConverter in Win7 64-bit (I usually use WinXP 32-bit) and it seems to work fine here, in both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Java. The 64-bit one in Win7 is by default installed in C:/Program Files/Java with the 32-bit one in C:/Program Files (x86)/Java - I suspect that your initial problem might have been related to only having the 64-bit version installed - the 32-bit version can be downloaded from this page.

One other thought - how are you entering the grid references? The Bottom Left and Top Right boxes both need to be in 8-character AA123456 format, eg TQ240660, etc - the Select Input Image button is only enabled once the Grid References are recognised...

Any luck?

Cheers,
Stephen

brownoctober

17:48
Sunday
9-May-2010

Thanks for your reply, I just tried it again and this time using CAPS (was using lower case for the letters before).

It worked. My mistake.

Thanks

Stephen

17:54
Sunday
9-May-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

No worries, glad it worked!

brownoctober

17:58
Sunday
9-May-2010

By the way the map file is around 700mb, how long should I expect it to take, and is there a notification when the conversion is complete?

Stephen

18:30
Sunday
9-May-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

It depends on the spec of the computer processor, but a file this large could take quite a while at the highest quality, potentially an hour or two. I've not attempted a file this large myself (32-bit Java is limited to 1500Mb in total for both the source and destination images, though 64-bit Java shouldnt have this limitation). What is the image pixel width/height?

The image preview should be slowly displaying the new re-projected image - if its not doing this it may be that it can't cope with the size of the source image - does the command-line/script window show any errors. If so it might be worth first testing with a smaller image to prove the process, the larger image should then take a proportionally longer time to render...

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)