Forums / General Topics / work in the background

Subject:work in the background 

maja35

5:26
Wednesday
14-Apr-2010

Phone Model:
Nokia

Does the program can work in the background? It's about whether you can run it and then minimize so that you can normally use the phone and call. And one more thing about it propagates to not know about it.

Translated from:
Czy program może pracować w tle? Chodzi o to czy można go uruchomić a następnie zminimalizować tak aby użytkownik mógł normalnie korzystać z telefonu i dzwonić. I jeszcze jedno rozchodzi się o to aby o tym nie wiedział.

ChrisM

9:16
Wednesday
14-Apr-2010

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Hello Maja,

I guess the answer to this probably depends on your phone, but I can tell you that on my Sony Ericsson W610i, it carries on recording a track even when 'minimised' and I am using other phone functions. The only thing I don't seem to be able to do, (though I must confess to not having spent a lot of time trying to work round it) is to run a second GPS based program whilst TMJ is running.
Sorry, I don't really understand the second part of your question...

Hope this is of help.

Cheers,

Chris.

Stephen

9:38
Wednesday
14-Apr-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Yes, as Chris says, it does depend on the phone, but certainly BlackBerrys, Sony Ericssons and Nokia Series 60 phones (I'm not sure if S40 phone support multitasking) should run fine in the background.

Usually you can just press the 'call hangup' button to minimise the app (Sony Ericssons may then display a message to either 'Minimise' or 'Exit' - select the Minimise option).

Cheers,
Stephen

(ps: I merged this thread with the Polish version - not sure the second question has translated very well via Google, perhaps somebody else could translate it!!)

maja35

20:51
Wednesday
14-Apr-2010

Phone Model:
Nokia

Thank you gentlemen, I know that our conversation is difficult because of language barriers but thank you and greet. As for the second part of the question that the point is that I want to turn on the phone with my woman and her spy. :)

ChrisM

14:26
Thursday
15-Apr-2010

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

ha!
I understand what you mean now...
Unless your lady has a very poor understanding of the phone, I don't think it will be very easy to have TMJ running without her noticing. There will usually be an icon or symbol that shows the application is running, and even if she did not realise, it is quite possible that she may accidentally 're-activate' the program, and then you would have some difficult questions to answer!!

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)