Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / New and stuck already!

Subject:New and stuck already! 

pete3108

15:44
Friday
21-Aug-2009

Hi. Just trying to get the hang of a couple of things:

1. Offline raster maps - I have downloaded to my Blackberry and are definitely on the memory card but when I try to open them they do not appear in the folders in order for me to select them - I have tried locating them in different folders on the card.

2. I have O2 and am set up for free internet browsing with blackberry.net. I have inputted the O2 wap setting in the TCP/AN settings but still tmj does not appear to be able to contact the web - any ideas?

Thanks

Pete

pete3108

15:47
Friday
21-Aug-2009

Well I've answered my first question - open back of Blackberry take out SD card, reinsert, power back on and then SD card came up as well as internal memory (that I had misread as being the SD card before)!

Anyone on O2 with a blackberry know how to get the web working please?

Stephen

16:34
Friday
21-Aug-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Pete,

Glad the maps are working...

A friend has a BlackBerry on O2 (Bold 9000) which I have successfully got working with TMJ, but I can't remember exactly how I did it!! (Won't see him till next week to check...)

Which settings did you try? Try the following in the TMJ Settings/Other Settings/TMJ Device Code menu:

O2 (UK)
Gateway IP: 192.113.200.195
Port: 9201
APN: wap.o2.co.uk
username: o2wap
password: password

(found from a Google search)

If that doesn't work, then try this instead:
- Remove all these settings from TMJ (leaving all the BB-specific fields blank). Exit TMJ
- Enter them in the Phone Options/Advanced Options/TCP-IP settings instead (probably wont need the IP or Port)
- Restart the phone again (remove/re-insert the battery).
- Try TMJ again...

Any luck?

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)