Forums / General Topics / Blackberry Bold - Maps

Subject:Blackberry Bold - Maps 

ALD2355

9:55
Saturday
20-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
Blackberry Bold

Should the Blackberry Bold be able to display raster maps?

I can show local maps only.

I have selected download from web, enabled upload on the web menu and made sure the Blackberry permissions allow internet traffic. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks

Stephen

12:10
Saturday
20-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

Mmmm, sounds like you've set it up correctly, so it *should* work. Are you just getting the grey tiles showing on the map page, or do some map tiles load but not others?
Do you have any related errors in the log (Menu/Settings/Debug/Show Event Log), or are you getting many 'Failed' downloads when displaying the map - check the Snt/Rcd/Fld field on the Text/General page [1]. The Sent and Received fields should ideally be the same value, with Failed at zero...?

Cheers,
Stephen

ALD2355

14:53
Saturday
20-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
Blackberry Bold

Apologies - solved

The user name and password had disappeared from settings.

ALD2355

7:12
Thursday
25-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
Blackberry Bold

Sorry to contact you again.

The maps have disappeared again - I can see maps on the maps option but not plan or navigation.

The password etc are in the device - are there any other settings to check?

Thanks

Stephen

8:29
Thursday
25-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Seems odd! Have you got View Options/Show Vector Map ticked on the Plan and Nav views? The vector map only shows at zoom levels 7,8,9 & 10 - could it be that you're zoomed out to a lower level?

Try Enabling Upload and then use the Plan Context Menu/Vector Map Options/Reload Current Map to force it to reload the map.

Any luck?

Cheers,
Stephen

ALD2355

9:03
Thursday
25-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
Blackberry Bold

There isn't an option to tick show vector map in the plan and view options.

The raster map source is on the map menu and I have maps on this menu.

Thanks

Stephen

9:24
Thursday
25-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Have you installed the Vector Maps version (scroll to the bottom of the download page for this). You may need to uninstall your current version before installing this (BlackBerry Options/Advanced Options/Applications)...

denis

12:28
Thursday
25-Jun-2009

Hi Guys,

I downloaded the BB8800 version (JAD) and use it on my BB Bold 9000 but, even if I can navigate all the menu, even if I can see "Internal GPS connected", the BB doesn't seem to receive any satellite information or it does not transmit them to TMJ.

Did I download the right version?

Anything I must do to make sure the Internal GPS is receiving data?

Thanks for your help,
Denis

denis

14:05
Thursday
25-Jun-2009

oops, sorry, it works now. I was on my balcony from where I usually get a signal but not with the BB. I went out for a walk and it got the satellites.

The weird thing is that after I had stopped walking for 10 minutes, TMJ stopped recording the tracks but still displaying the correct position on the map. Is there a limit of points we can record ?

Thanks,
Denis

Stephen

17:10
Thursday
25-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Denis,

Not sure why it seemed to stop recording - theres no limit on this. Did you by any chance have the Settings/Activity Profile/Max Track Speed set very low (it'll then not record any track if the speed is above this figure)... Maybe just a blip, see if it does it again...

(Setting the Menu/Settings/Other Settings/Int GPS Allow Costs option allows the phone to use 'assisted' GPS, where it'll download the initial satellite locations from the internet rather than from the satellites themselves, giving a faster fix time.)

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)