Subject:vector map options not available on SE W810i 

meinalf

19:26
Sunday
24-May-2009

Phone Model:
SE W810i, Nokia 5800, MDA IV

Hello,
after donation, email answer from donations@trackmyjourney.co.uk and new download of v 0.6.7 I only get the vector map option in the route page, but it does not show any map in this page. The options for vector maps as shown in "Using the Vector Maps in TMJ-Mobile" are not shown in the other page menues.
Should there be a special vector map version offered on the download page after logging in or is it just the normal download link as usual?
Can I distinguish the type of TMJ version I have installed now?

What have I done wrong?

Meinalf

Stephen

22:46
Sunday
24-May-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Meinalf,

Its not you - there is a current problem with the vector maps, see below... but first, on the download page check that you scroll to the bottom for the vector map version. You can tell if it is installed if the Plan or Visualisation view (screens [4] and [8]) have 'Map Index (Streets)' and 'Map Index (POI)' listed in their context menus.

However the main problem currently is due to a major broadband issue affecting the South of England, which is causing the vector map server to be largely unreachable. Coincidentally I'm away on holiday for a couple of days so am unable to investigate the problem. Its very annoying (I am without the maps myself!), but I am hoping to get it back up again sometime tomorrow, or otherwise Tuesday. In the meantime, the download page is still accessible to check that you have the right version.

I'll post again here when the server is back up again...

Regards (and apologies),
Stephen

Stephen

18:16
Tuesday
26-May-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Meinalf,

The vector server should be working fine again now...

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)