Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Keylock on Nokia E71

Subject:Keylock on Nokia E71 

Maze

9:03
Tuesday
28-Apr-2009

Hi There I'm a complete newbie who ran into a problem: I was trying to find out which keys do what on my E71, and it seems I accidentally keylocked TMJ (not the phone). It says "Press * to unlock" but my phone doesn't have a "*" key - any suggestions?

Otherwise it seems to work well, haven't learnt half of what I need to make it useful yet but who knows...

Another thing is each time it wants to send a mess. with my pos. to the website it claims y Device code or password is wrong. I have checked and double checked, and it is right, at least if it is the Device Code/PW I got during the installation on the phone???

I just recently managed to unlock the keys, but now they have become locked again ;-( makes progress kinda slow...

Thanks for helping me out,

Mads S

Stephen

10:16
Tuesday
28-Apr-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Mads,

Does your E71 not have a combined U/* key (as in the picture on this page)?

Which version of TMJ did you download? The key mappings in the E61/E71 version *should* allow the U key to act as the * key (without having to press shift to access it), but possibly yours has a different keyboard layout? In the Settings/Define Shortcut Keys menu you can map a separate key to the * and # actions (see the User Guide for more info)...

I've had a look in the upload logs and it appears that the last letter in your device password is reaching the website as a V when it should be a W. Hopefully this is just a typo, but if it is definitely entered correctly in the Settings screen then this is a bit odd!! You could try changing the device password on the phone and on the website (via the MY ACCOUNT/SETTINGS/Devices page) to something completely different to see if that might cure it!

Any luck?

Cheers,
Stephen

Maze

11:31
Tuesday
28-Apr-2009

Hey Stephen yes my keyboard looks like that, thanks, am testing now. Will have to go for a walk to test more.
I changed the V to a W, lets see how that goes.

Thanks again - cool little application you've made here :)

Mads S

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)