Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Build in GPS SE W760i

Subject:Build in GPS SE W760i 

horst

11:36
Tuesday
8-Jul-2008

Hi,

does the SE C702 version support also the w760i. I tried to use the JSR-179 Internal GPS version. It seems to recognize the GPS, cause a "Int-GPS Signal Ok" massage is dispayed, but no data, e.g. postion is displayed. Perhaps I can try the C702 version too.

Thx, Thomas

Stephen

12:09
Tuesday
8-Jul-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Thomas,

Yes, hopefully it will work the same - I've emailed it to you off-list...

Cheers,
Stephen

horst

12:17
Tuesday
8-Jul-2008

Hi Stephen,

thanks so far. But i did not receive anything by email.

Thomas

Stephen

12:47
Tuesday
8-Jul-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Thomas,

I've just had a message back saying:

" Diese E-Mail wurde aus Sicherheitsgründen nicht an den Empfänger (xxx@xxx.com - [your email address]) weitergeleitet, da ausführbare Dateien angehängt sind. "

My German isn't too good!! - I assume this is saying that it couldn't be delivered??

Is the e-mail address that you registered with still current? Perhaps you could resend me it via the Feedback page.

Cheers,
Stephen

horst

6:50
Wednesday
9-Jul-2008

Hi Stephen,

the TMJ works well with my SE W760i. It's a fantastic application. So far I used in my car on my way to work, I exported the track to .txt and found out that the "resolution" the track is recorded is 5sec. Is there a way to decrease this cause I'd like to use it as a sports tracker. I only found a way to increase it in the settings section.

Best regards,

Thomas

Stephen

9:41
Wednesday
9-Jul-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Thomas,

In the Settings can you not just reduce Min Time between Points to a lower figure, eg 3 secs? (You might need to also reduce the Min Distance Between Points too for this to have an effect).

If this doesn't seem to make any difference it might be due to the internal GPS only supplying a reading every 5 seconds - how often do the text readouts/map position etc update? A bluetooth GPS usually updates once per second, but the internal GPS doesn't always give such a frequent update, sometimes as long apart as 5 seconds. (I might be able to tweak this slightly in the next version, so let me know)...

Incidentally, for recording walking or running, a 5 second interval should be just about sufficient anyhow - at 10km/h this would result in a new trackpoint every 15m or so, which should provide a fair amount of track detail.

Cheers,
Stephen

horst

9:54
Wednesday
9-Jul-2008

Hi Stephen,

I will try it this evening. I will tell you tomorrow how it worked.

Thomas

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)