Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Adjusting/Adding RoutePoints

Subject:Adjusting/Adding RoutePoints 

ChrisM

17:16
Sunday
1-Jun-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Hi Stephen,

Although normally when I convert a track to a route, TMJ makes a pretty good job of simplifying the track. Sometimes it can be a little bit brutal in the way it removes some of the points. It might be nice, on the screen that shows both track and route, to be able to add and/or move the routepoints around with the cursor keys so that I can improve the rendering of the route as compared to the track...

It might be nice to be able to remove or move TRACKpoints sometimes too. The other day, I went into a building, and suddenly found a 1/4 mile(well maybe a bit less than that, but significant anyway) zag on my track where the GPS signal obviously got confused. (though the pause track option would have helped here)

Cheers,

Chris.

Stephen

21:01
Sunday
1-Jun-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Chris,

I'll think about adding some way of moving the routepoints around. Maybe an option on the Route page (3) to move the highlighted point, the arrow keys would then nudge it around until the fire key is pressed perhaps. My 'to-do' list is getting pretty big now! ;-)

Moving trackpoints might not be so good though, since they each have a timestamp associated with them as well as a location. Moving a point would affect the speed, gradient, max/min speeds, etc. You can currently delete a point via the Graph page (9), any points that are affected by a poor GPS signal usually stand out as a spike on the speed graph.

Cheers,
Stephen

ChrisM

8:09
Monday
2-Jun-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

" You can currently delete a point via the Graph page (9), any points that are affected by a poor GPS signal usually stand out as a spike on the speed graph. "

See, I should read the manual properly! That would probably be all I need. I'll have a look at that option next time I'm out.

Chris.

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)