Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Problems installing on SE P1i

Subject:Problems installing on SE P1i 

ppokorn

11:30
Tuesday
27-May-2008

Hello,
I am new user and tried to install TMJ but it failed. I normally DLed to the phone and it seems that installation went OK, but when I go to Main menu and look for the icon of TMJ there is no icon at all.
Does someone know how to resolve the problem.
Regards,
Peter

Stephen

13:37
Tuesday
27-May-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Peter,

Is the program listed in the File Manager/Applications menu? Are you sure the installation succeeded - on my SE W910 after installing a program it immediately asks whether you want to run it, does yours not do this? Perhaps try installing from the JAR file (or the JAD if you had originally tried the JAR)...?

Regards,
Stephen

ppokorn

13:57
Tuesday
27-May-2008

No, the program is not listed in file manager / applications (tools). I tried bot jad and jar and it asked about trusting the installation (yes or not). Then the bar showed, took to 100%. There was no option to run immediatelly.

ppokorn

13:59
Tuesday
27-May-2008

If I go through - main menu - tools - file manager. there are the following directories:
- picture
- music
- video
- document
- other
Regards,
Peter

Stephen

14:27
Tuesday
27-May-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hmmm, sounds a bit weird! Could you perhaps try the W800 version instead - maybe there's something about the W960 version that it doesn't like (if the W800 one does work I'll compile a separate version for the P1).

Also, are you still able to install other Java programs without problems, eg Opera Mini?

Stephen

ppokorn

11:34
Wednesday
28-May-2008

Hello,
I once again uploaded the new FW and now it works fine. Thank ou for your help. Now I must find out how to use your program. At first sight it looks very promising.
Regards,
Peter

Stephen

13:58
Wednesday
28-May-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Peter,
Glad to hear you've got it to work!
Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)