Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Functionality Suggestion.

Subject:Functionality Suggestion. 

ChrisM

15:08
Monday
26-May-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Hi Stephen,

Was out using TMJ today, and I was unable to find a way to do something that I think would be very useful.
I would like to have been able to record my current position as a new Waypoint (so that I could find my way back to the car after having a wonder through the woods)
Apologies if there is already a way of doing this, but I couldn't find it. A context menu option 'Create New Waypoint...' on the waypoints screen would be the place I'd probably look first.

On the subject of Waypoints. I accidently turned off the only 'Active Group' with any waypoints in it, and as a result, can't get back into the context menu to turn it back on... I guess I can do it through the website, but it'd be good if there was a way to do it on the phone.

Cheers,

Chris.

ChrisM

15:34
Monday
26-May-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Humph!

5 minutes after posting the above, I worked out how to add a waypoint at my current position:
Screen 4 - New -> Waypoint -> Current Position.

I still think it might be more intuitive to have it in the waypoints screen though (or maybe in both places) :-)

Chris.

Stephen

15:49
Monday
26-May-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

I wondered how long it would take till you spotted it!! ;-)

I agree though that there should also be a option for this in the Waypoints menu - I mean't to add this into v0.5.9 but forgot, it'll be in the next one instead!

Regarding the Waypoint Groups you can also access these via the Screen 4,5,6/Context Menu/Waypoint Options/Select Active Groups menu. Again, I'll fix this for the next version...

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)