Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / BB8707 can't download the JAR file

Subject:BB8707 can't download the JAR file 

denis

20:02
Friday
18-Apr-2008

Hi there,

I followed the instructions and browsed to the JAR file for the BB8707 but I think my BB tries to open the file and fails : HTTP Error 406..
Error details : 200 : Application can not accept the content[application/x-java-archive]

The version of my BB's OS is 4.1.0.316.

Don't know how to install your tool so.

Thanks for your help,
Denis

denis

9:41
Saturday
19-Apr-2008

Hello again,

Well, BB8707 is a bit tricky. I installed the version 4.2 of the OS (what a pain to do this!) and then I was able to download the TMJ JAR. It installed right away.

I can run it and I get the registration message, it reads I should go to the main menu and "settings" but, when I am on the main screen, the only menu option I have is "Close" .

It looks like if the menu does not show up correctly.

Any idea?

Thank you,
Denis

denis

10:31
Saturday
19-Apr-2008

Oops, I discovered that TMJ doesn't use the standard pad to navigate but the digit keys.
It's fair enough, I'll register and try to make it communicate with my AXIM PDA ;-)
I'll let you know if I make it.

Stephen

12:43
Saturday
19-Apr-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Denis,

Yes, on a BlackBerry the P and DEL keys are used for the Main Menu and Context Menus (it was easier to do this to improve compatibility between different handsets, rather than use the BlackBerry-specific menu). More info in the User Guide.

Its interesting to hear that upgrading the firmware of your 8707 allowed the JAR file to be installed - I suspect this might apply to a number of others who have had trouble installing the software on their BlackBerrys...

Cheers,
Stephen

denis

15:45
Saturday
19-Apr-2008

Hi Stephen,

Yes, I had to upgrade the OS, but it's not an easy task even if you are in the business...:-(

I could install the JAR but the JAD works fine too.

I used GPS2BLUE on my PDA (with a compact flash GPS) to send the NMEA info via bluetooth, and... it works!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used it today on a 30 km trip in my car and I was able to see the trace on my BB, soooo cool! TJM is great tool!!
On my way back, I noticed I haven't "Enable Upload" on, then I set the option on, but I don't think it worked. I don't see anything on the web site.

Is there any more options to enable or to set to be able to send data via GPRS?

Thanks,
Denis

denis

17:50
Saturday
19-Apr-2008

I am so close....
I think I must set a WAP APN name, IP and Port but which one?

Some web sites refer to web.pt.lu for LUXGSM in Luxembourg but it doesn't work.
I tried many others without success.

It's really the feature that I want, I can't fail now! :-)

Denis

denis

18:49
Saturday
19-Apr-2008

YESSSSSS! I MADE IT!!!

I found the settings for my provider (LUXGSM) :

http://wap.lu/login/web/

It works so great! You certainly won a donation for me, it's worth it!

Stephen

22:14
Sunday
20-Apr-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Denis, good to hear that the WAP settings worked, also impressed that you've managed to connect via bluetooth to your Axim's GPS - very ingenious!!
Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)