Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / New suggestions

Subject:New suggestions 

TDHster

8:38
Thursday
6-Dec-2007

New pretty site design and new version of tmj!

I don't remember, but have tmj feature to load google maps? If have how I can use it? Can't find in manual
I remind about previous suggest:
 1. Feature to select wich gauges show from setting or other menus, because now its too many and some time need to many key pressing to find needed.
 2. About speed limit alert. Will be more useful if it will be have two mode: once beep when limit reached, and continous alarm sound when speed out of the range.

In Garming E-trex gps I saw such intresting feature - it show HDOP as precision in meters.. I think it more intresting view.
In 9 key view Graph Setting X-Axis value doesn't remember between programm restart.
In 4 key vew, sometimes intresting to view parameters as ETA to waypoint(or Time to WPT I think it may be selectable) and average speed.
In track paramters view fields Ascent and Descent really need? Font looks very small with such many fields..

Now seems to be all.
Good luck, Stephen!

Stephen

19:59
Thursday
6-Dec-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi TDHster,

Glad you like the new website design!

Because of the Google Maps licensing restrictions I'm unable to directly add support for their maps into the Map Organiser. However, it is possible to do this manually with a little effort by taking a load of screenshots of the maps that you need (press the F12 key) and then stitch these into one large map in an image editor. Alternatively there are programs available on the internet which can automate this procedure. Once this is done import the map into the Map Organiser and use the Tools/Convert from Mercator Projection to correct the projection distortion.

I've added your suggestions to my 'to-do' list. I've got a few ideas about selecting which gauges/labels are displayed, though I'm thinking about making this web-based via this website to avoid complicating the user interface on the phone.

Incidentally the HDOP value is a 'unitless' number provided by the BT GPS device - it doesn't directly relate to distance, and differs between BT devices so there isn't any way (that I'm aware of) that this can be converted into metres. Would be good if it could!

Cheers,
Stephen

nrtech

12:38
Tuesday
12-Feb-2008

Sould be great use OziExplorer maps system (image+.map file) in Map Organiser

Stephen

21:03
Tuesday
12-Feb-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Yes this would be useful, but unfortunately I'm unfamiliar with a lot of the coordinate systems/datums that would need to be present in an OziExplorer .map converter - the maths can get pretty complex when converting from other systems to WGS84 (GPS) coordinates!

nrtech

0:58
Tuesday
26-Feb-2008

" Google Maps licensing restrictions "
...and Yahoo Maps?

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)