Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / how about a speed limit signal?

Subject:how about a speed limit signal? 

markpenders

16:50
Sunday
22-Jul-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

Stephen,

just use TMJ in the car. Would be handy if the phone could warn for speed limits ...

Cheers,

Mark.

Stephen

18:38
Sunday
22-Jul-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Mark,

How were you thinking that this might work - a simple alert when a preset speed limit is exceeded, or something more complicated (like a database of speed-camera locations, etc)?

Cheers,
Stephen

markpenders

21:04
Sunday
22-Jul-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

Hi Stephen,

my original thought was via a simple speedcheck. The other suggestion would be a good one too.

Cheers,

Mark.

TDHster

6:15
Monday
23-Jul-2007

By the way. May be create separate alerting waypoint class, for alert when stay close near it. Such as radar and other more intresting/important/dangerous point? It's can solve some class of life problem :)

And in addition to speed. Ozi and mobitrack (as I remember) have 2d graphic mode to display in X axis distance/time and in Y axis Altitude/speed as user select. I am more interesting for graphics time/speed but someone maybe want to see others axis. Ozi have a cursor in this mode and can show speed for five or ten minutes ago for example. It's sometime intresting and sometime (for police radars :) very usefull at least in our country :)

Stephen

8:47
Wednesday
25-Jul-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hmmm, I'll bear the speed alert idea in mind. I also agree about the speed/time graphs, I've been thinking about adding something like this for a while - I guess I need to put something on the '9' page anyhow!!

TDHster

6:26
Monday
30-Jul-2007

Of couse, free key 9 - improper luxury :)

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)