Subject:border issue 

markpenders

21:24
Friday
6-Apr-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

Stephen,

I live close to the border with Belgium and once I cross the border and have to switch to another network ... connection is gone. Is there a way around this? Especially when I'm running, I don't have the time to setup a new connection. I even don't know when TMJ looses its connection.

Cheers,

Mark.

Stephen

10:07
Monday
9-Apr-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately the J2ME language doesn't have any access to control the phones network connection, so there may not be much I can do about this. However, when you lose the connection to the first network does the 'Failed' counter on the General text page start to increase? And are you able to reset the connection by Disabling Upload for a short while then Enabling it again - ie, once you disable the upload does the phone then automatically switch to the new network?

I've made a couple of changes to the next version so that if you get more than 5 'Fails' in a row, the phone will close the internet connection and wait for 1 minute before trying again. Hopefully this will give the phone enough time to switch to the new network.

Regards,
Stephen

markpenders

17:15
Wednesday
11-Apr-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

Stephen,

thanks for implementing that. I'll have a check once the new version is available. Normally it is not much of a problem to check whether the network is there or not. It's just when I'm running: I don't have the time to look at it, and ... it could be across the border a couple of times.

Cheers,

Mark.

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)