23-Mar-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

v0.5.0 released

New features:
- The current map can now be changed without having to restart the program. Use the context-sensitive menu on the map page to select a map from the phones memory card.
- 'Tethered AutoPan' - scrolls the map page to show the area ahead, rather than wasting the display space on the map that has already been covered.
- Download existing tracks from the TMJ website for use as a route. (Main Menu/Web/Download Route).
- various other minor bug fixes.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
I haven't been able to fully test the new map loading functions on other phone models (Nokia phones in particular), so I have left the old version 0.4.9 available for download at the existing address. Therefore don't use your phones 'update' feature to upgrade to the latest version. Also, changes in the way that waypoints are stored (now stored as Unicode on compatible phones), means that old waypoints might not load correctly. The best way to upgrade is to completely remove the old version before installing the new one, then re-synchronise your waypoints with the website.

(Nokia handset users: could you please let me know if the map loading works okay on your handset so I can remove the old version - thanks!)

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)