Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Differents datum workaround

Subject:Differents datum workaround 

TDHster

18:25
Friday
2-Mar-2007

Maybe tool such as Photoshop free transform when on map layered some tracks will simplify map conversion for other datum?
User may place tracks on map on PC to see on which parts of map need correction and distrort image map file to minimize this difference. Because many datums exist in the world and I afraid will very difficult to realize all of this conversion. But this workaround may help and get enough precision.

Stephen

11:50
Sunday
4-Mar-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Yes I guess this could work - certainly for local maps at least. You could try taking a screenshot of the Track/Plan page from the website - that shows the track in a rectangular lat/long format, with a grid. This could then be used as a layer in Photoshop - overlay it on top of a map, then distort the map with the transform tool to fit the map to the track.

TDHster

13:34
Tuesday
6-Mar-2007

You don't planning to write this universal tool as separately programm? :)

Stephen

14:28
Wednesday
7-Mar-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Possibly. I've got a few ideas, but I don't know when I'll get round to it. Watch this space!

TDHster

6:26
Sunday
11-Mar-2007

May be correct not image map file but coordintates that show on it? I think if in programm have parameteres about two geoid, calculate where will be point with same coordinates on another geoid not difficult task. Parameters about different datum Ozi can show

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)