Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / 0.4.7 - very cool!!

Subject:0.4.7 - very cool!! 

TDHster

18:14
Saturday
27-Jan-2007

First of all I want to thanks you for big work that you have done in this version!
Keep this improve speed ;) You have realized very big feature set from first version that I see.Keep this tendention!

And some more suggestion as usual ;)
1. When unset "backlight on" - light turn off immediatly and display stay unreadable while not pressing any key.
2. Very convinient browse and export file - I want to say it again ;) Waiting for import route from Ozi and export/import track from Ozi - I hope it is not very diffcult for you now.
3. And may as future feature for your mind.. For more light starting program when very big number of trackpoints stored - merge near point in one, for part of track when on one way moving more than one time. Forexample start this process by menu item and merge points that are near that some distance. This for dreams.. I have a some unconvinient that program start have a very long time when my track have some hundred kilometers lenght.

markpenders

19:39
Saturday
27-Jan-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

I couldn't agree more with TDHster! A friend of mine was impressed as well with the possibilities of TMJ. Further suggestions for the website:

For the after analysis of a track, would it be possible:
- to display markers on the track for each 100m, or 1km or ... (configurable maybe);
- to be able to somehow select a part of the track and see the statistics for that part of the track (like speed, distance etc.)

Cheers,

Mark.

Stephen

15:08
Sunday
28-Jan-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Guys,

TDHster-

I've just released another version - you can now Import/Export the Route and Export the Track as an Ozi file. I've not added Importing of tracks though - I'm not sure why this would be needed?

I don't think I can stop the backlight from turning off immediately - it needs to do this to cancel the 'always-on' setting - the phone doesn't allow much control of its light via Java. (I guess this isn't too big a problem though)

To clarify your last suggestion, are you after a way of reducing the complexity of the track when its size starts getting large? I've thought about adding something like this for a while - perhaps each time the track reaches 100, 200, 300 points, etc, the phone could scan through the track removing any points which aren't necessary (eg consecutive points which all lie roughly on the same line, points which are close together, etc). And maybe a menu option to do this manually at any time...?

Mark-

I'll look into adding the display markers and selectable track stats - I don't think this will be too easy with the Google/Microsoft Map display, but it should be possible on the Plan applet. (By the way, is your phone working any better regarding the Memory error messages that you had been getting?)

Cheers,
Stephen

TDHster

16:05
Sunday
28-Jan-2007

New release in 3 days? ;) I haven't words for this!

Let backlight work as work now - it's very litle unconvinience.
Yes, you right about track - import don't needed.

Some change may be do for text position and size in compass and bearing - waypoint info may be more bigger and in left side for example with some size as asimuth info.

markpenders

16:06
Sunday
28-Jan-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

Hi Stephen

To be honest: I don't use the maps that often. My main usage is while running (immediate storage of my track and after analysis) and while driving (following a route). Since I know almost all highways in the netherlands (we're not that large and I'm somewhere in the country roughly once a week) waypoints at major intersections is good enough for me.

So the error I reported: I haven't seen that one anymore. What I did see was an error while looking at an empty route. TMJ-mobile correctly says "no route loaded", but when I then push the large "enter" button on the 6234, it crashes with error "Array Index Out of Bounds"

Just saw that I've to download 0.4.8. I can't keep up with all new versions!

Cheers,

Mark.

markpenders

16:15
Sunday
28-Jan-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

One thing I noted on the website: the track I ran yesterday (27-01-2007), was added to the site at 16.20 (utc+1), and the track started at 15.21 (utc+1).

I think that the "added to the website" time should be 1 hour less in this case, since it is correct that we started running at 16.21 and ended at 17.28 (both local time).

Cheers,

Mark.

Stephen

19:22
Sunday
28-Jan-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

TDHster - no problem, I'll increase the text size for the next version...

Mark- thanks, I've found the 'No Route Loaded' bug. The timezone problem had me a bit confused, but I think I've found the cause now. The problem is that when TMJ-Mobile sends the time for each trackpoint it is using the phones local timezone setting, whereas the website expects this to be a GMT time (so that it can keep everything consistent). So in fact the 'Added to Site' time is correct, but the Start and Finish times (and all the times listed on the Data page) are an hour out (and will be even worse for anyone further east or west)!! I'll have this fixed for the next version...

Cheers,
Stephen

TDHster

14:30
Tuesday
30-Jan-2007

About simplifying track - only manually because automatically may kill some intresting track information.
Maybe user requset at starting or some setting that "I want to automatically simplify every some hundred points"

Stephen

18:47
Tuesday
30-Jan-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Yes I agree - don't worry, I'll make it optional!

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)